[amazon_link asins='B003Z34OME,B00XBOXVIA,B00LU2I428,B001L5TVGW,B00OXSR486,B0043E6PLC,B01K0W8LTE,B01M0AWSJX,B01N5UPTZS' template='ProductCarousel' store='counconvovenj-20' marketplace='US' link_id='5e013d5f-d90a-11e8-8817-c9304358b051']
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 lb confectioners’ sugar
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add in the eggs, two teaspoons vanilla, salt and baking powder. Add flour and milk in batches, starting and ending with flour. Stir until batter is smooth and satiny.
- Fill paper-lined muffin tins with batter. Bake at 375° for 18- 20 minutes.
- For frosting, whip together the box of confectioners’ sugar, half-and-half, and one teaspoon vanilla until smooth and fluffy.
- Allow cupcakes to cool about 45 minutes and frost.
*HINT* I added about one extra teaspoon of vanilla to the batter.
- This recipe didn’t specify, but I used all-purpose flour.
To the frosting, I added a bit more half-and-half to reach a thinner consistency.