Products from Amazon.com
Breville BOV845BSS Smart Oven Pro 1800 W Convection Toaster Oven with Element IQ, Brushed Stainless SteelPrice: $268.95Was: $279.99
Price: $99.00Was: $119.99
Price: $64.05Was: $89.99
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
Liquid Coffee Layer
- 2⁄3 cup water, boiling
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1 (8 ounce) container french vanilla cool whip
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons Kahlua (or coffee extract)
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese (from tub)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- chocolate shavings (to garnish)
- Make mascarpone filling mix first & allow to chill 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Mascarpone filling: Beat mascarpone, Kahlua and condensed milk until well blended. Fold in cool whip. Chill 4-6 hours.
- Prepare cupcakes as directed on box of white cake mix & bake accordingly. While these are baking prepare the liquid coffee as below.
- Liquid Coffee: Boil 2/3 cup water in microwave (or boil on stove) and stir in instant coffee then powdered sugar & allow to cool to tepid. Once cooled, use a fork to poke holes into cupcakes so that they will absorb the liquid cofee & then brush liquid coffee onto each cupcake using silicone baking brush.
** I usually make 3 fork piercings across top **.
- Fill pastry/icing bag with mascarpone filling & inject about 1 spoonful via bag directly into top-center of each cupcake.
- Prepare Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting: Beat butter and cream cheese until creamy with hand mixer on low. Slowly add powdered sugar, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add vanilla and increase mixer to medium. Blend until frosting is fluffy.
- Frost each cupcake with frosting & garnish with chocolate shavings (use dark chocolate bar & cheese grater).