Products from Amazon.com
Breville BOV845BSS Smart Oven Pro 1800 W Convection Toaster Oven with Element IQ, Brushed Stainless SteelPrice: $268.95Was: $279.99
Price: $99.00Was: $119.99
Price: $64.05Was: $89.99
- 4 cups rhubarb, chopped
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 1⁄3 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
- 1 egg, beaten for glaze
- sugar (optional)
- In a bowl, combine rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and cinnamon.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out half of the pastry and line a nine-inch pie plate.
- Spoon in filling.
- Roll out pastry for top crust; using pastry wheel or knife, cut into 1-inch wide strips.
- Brush pastry rim with some of the beaten egg.
- Gently weave strips over the pie to form lattice; trim and flute the edge.
- Brush lattice with beaten egg. Sprinkle top with sugar if using.
- Bake on a baking sheet with sides in a 425 degree Fahrenheit oven for 15 minutes. Tip: If you do not have a cookie sheet handy, make a drip catcher out of foil paper, larger than the bottom of the pie plate, and place it under the pie plate and up the sides loosely.
- Reduce heat to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 50 to 60 minutes longer or until rhubarb is tender, filling thickened, and the crust is golden.
- Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes before cutting.