[amazon_link asins='B003Z34OME,B00XBOXVIA,B00LU2I428,B001L5TVGW,B00OXSR486,B0043E6PLC,B01K0W8LTE,B01M0AWSJX,B01N5UPTZS' template='ProductCarousel' store='counconvovenj-20' marketplace='US' link_id='5e013d5f-d90a-11e8-8817-c9304358b051']
- 4 lbs pork ribs
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon hickory smoke salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- 2 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees f.
- Peel off tough membrane that covers the bony side of the ribs.
- Mix together the sugar and spices to make the rub.
- Apply rub to ribs on all sides.
- Lay ribs on two layers of foil, shiny side out and meaty side down.
- Lay two layers of foil on top of ribs and roll and crimp edges tightly, edges facing up to seal.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 2-2 1/2 hours or until meat is starting to shrink away from the ends of the bone.
- Remove from oven.
- Heat broiler.
- Cut ribs into serving sized portions of 2 or 3 ribs.
- Arrange on broiler pan, bony side up.
- Brush on sauce.
- Broil for 1 or 2 minutes until sauce is cooked on and bubbly.
- Turn ribs over.
- Repeat on other side.
- Alternately, you can grill the ribs on your grill to cook on the sauce.