- 6 cups fresh peaches, peeled, sliced fresh
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, ground (divided)
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour (divided)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed (divided)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- Place sliced peaches in a mixing bowl.
- Mix together 1/2 cup of the flour, 1/2 cup of the brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon, then mix well with sliced peaches in bowl.
- Place peach mixture in the bottom of a lightly buttered 9 x 13 inch baking dish; set aside.
- Combine remaining flour, sugar, and cinnamon with the salt in a medium mixing bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Sprinkle mixture evenly over peaches in dish.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree (Fahrenheit) oven for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spoon into individual serving bowls; serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.