[amazon_link asins='B003Z34OME,B00XBOXVIA,B00LU2I428,B001L5TVGW,B00OXSR486,B0043E6PLC,B01K0W8LTE,B01M0AWSJX,B01N5UPTZS' template='ProductCarousel' store='counconvovenj-20' marketplace='US' link_id='5e013d5f-d90a-11e8-8817-c9304358b051']
- 2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg
- 1/4 cup walnut oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups blackberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 + 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1/4-1/2 cup milk
- Combine blackberries and maple syrup in a small pot. Cook until berries begin to break down, 8-12 minutes. Remove from heat and smash.
- Preheat oven to 350˚ and lightly oil adoughnut pan.
- In a medium bowl. combine 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Give a good stir and set aside. Next, whisk together two eggs, 1/2 cup milk, cooked blackberries, and 1/4 cup walnut oil. Pour into dry ingredients and stir until combined. Scoop into plastic bag and squeeze batter in to doughnut pan, leaving 1/8” clear from the top of each doughnut.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Doughnut should spring back. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes. Scrap out vanilla bean into a small bowl and whisk in 1 + 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1/4 cup milk, continuing to add milk until icing becomes drizzling consistency, Lightly drizzle over doughnuts and serve.