[amazon_link asins='B003Z34OME,B00XBOXVIA,B00LU2I428,B001L5TVGW,B00OXSR486,B0043E6PLC,B01K0W8LTE,B01M0AWSJX,B01N5UPTZS' template='ProductCarousel' store='counconvovenj-20' marketplace='US' link_id='5e013d5f-d90a-11e8-8817-c9304358b051']
- 1 1⁄2 cups bananas, mashed, ripe
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 1⁄8 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 275°F (135C).
- Grease and flour a 9 x 13 pan.
- In a small bowl, mix mashed banana with the lemon juice; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream 3/4 cup butter and 2 1/8 cups sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in 2 tsp vanilla.
- Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
- Stir in banana mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for one hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place directly into the freezer for 45 minutes. This will make the cake very moist.
- For the frosting, cream the butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Add icing sugar and beat on low speed until combined, then on high speed until frosting is smooth.
- Spread on cooled cake.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts over top of the frosting, if desired.